If you’re looking for the best Generative AI images, you may be wondering which platform is better: Stable Diffusion 2.0 or Midjourney V4?
In this blog post, we’ll pit these two against each other in a side-by-side comparison.
We’ll test them both on a variety of images and prompts, and see how they fare in terms of quality and realism. In the end, we’ll come to a verdict on which one is the better platform.
Read more, or watch the YouTube Video(Recommended):
What is Stable Diffusion 2.0
Stable Diffusion 2.0 is a major improvement over the original V1 release, with new features that allow for higher resolution images, depth-guided transformations, and more. The text-to-image models in this release are trained on an aesthetic subset of the LAION-5B dataset, which is then filtered to remove NSFW content.
The result is images of much higher quality than the earlier V1 release. Additionally, the new depth-to-image model (depth2img) allows for radically different yet still coherent transformation of images, limited only by the user’s imagination.
As with the first release, Stable Diffusion 2.0 is optimized to run on a single GPU, making it accessible to as many people as possible.
What is Midjoruney V4
The Midjourney V4 is a brand new codebase and AI architecture that has been in development for over 9 months.
The V4 model is designed to generate more realistic imagery than anything Midjourney has released before, and the team is hoping that this will be the beginning of something deep and unfathomable that can change how humans create design.
The V4 model is a first step in this direction, and the team is hoping that it will improve in a lot of areas when it comes to more precise and fulfilling the Midjourney prompt author’s imagination.
Stable Diffusion 2.0 vs Midjourney V4 Comparison
How I did the test
This is how I executed my comparison test between SD 2.0 and MJ V4:
1. I chose 5 prompts from lexica.art to test out the image to image function on Stable Diffusion 2.0 and Midjourney V4.
2. Ran the prompts in both Stable Diffusion 2.0 and Midjourney V4
3. I compared the results of the two programs side by side.
4. I uploaded two images and tested the image to image function on both programs.
5. I compared the results of the image to image function side by side.
Here are a few results from the test, watch the YouTube video to see all results.
1. Anime Panda SD 2.0 vs MJ V4
anime panda ninja warrior by charlie bowater and titian and artgerm, Powered by AI, red laser eyes, sword, oriental background, full moon
2. Korean Girl
full body illustration of an ulzzang korean girl purple hair with hime cut bangs, lya kuvshinov, anime,, trending on artstation, cinematic, danbooru, zerochan art, kyoto animation
3. Lamborghini Image to Image
a supercar in a dark studio room, vaporwave theme. Microscopic view. Tanzanite, Opal, Kunzite paintjob. in the style of artgerm
3 key takeaways from the test
1. Midjourney v4 outperforms Stable Diffusion 2.0 in almost every category
2. Stable Diffusion 2.0 is open source and can be trained on special datasets to outperform Midjourney v4 in specific categories
3. For the best results straight out of the box, Midjourney v4 is the better choice, but Stable Diffusion 2.0 is a better choice if you don’t have $30 to spend each month
In conclusion both Stable Diffusion 2.0 and Midjourney V4 are great choices when it comes to AI-generated imagery.
However, if you’re looking for the best results “straight out of the box”, Midjourney V4 is the better choice. Additionally, Stable Diffusion 2.0 is open source and can be trained on special datasets to outperform Midjourney V4 in specific categories.
The price tag for Midjourney may be a bit off-putting for some people, but if you’re willing to spend a bit extra, you’ll get a platform that is more versatile and can produce higher-quality images.
But Stable Diffusion 2.0 is a great choice if you’re working with a tight budget.